Due to recent successes Weather is expanding, and we are looking for an ambitious junior web designer to join our team and work on a wide range of exciting projects. The success of the business is based on staff contribution and you will play a pivotal role in the ongoing development of our business.
Duties as a Junior Web Developer include;
- Take designs and develop them into brochure and e-commerce websites with CMS, email marketing campaigns, microsites, landing pages, banners and social media adverts.
- To work alongside the existing team and stakeholders in order to produce beautiful, usable and innovative websites for projects and the company.
- To liaise with clients and the current team to make sure all work is produced to a high quality that meets specification and is delivered within budget and on time.
- To keep up to date with developing web trends, strategies, and tools, and to self learn and develop your skill set.
You will be passionate about all things web, a hard worker who has a desire to grow and develop within our team. You will need to be a team player who is reliable, forward thinking and able to communicate with clients and everyone within our organisation. However you will also need to be capable of working autonomously when required and managing your own projects. You will need to be motivated and flexible to deal with the challenges presented to you, and capable of problem solving quickly and efficiently.
- 1-2 years previous industry experience in a similar role with viewable portfolio
- Must posses a thorough understanding of HTML5, CSS3, and W3C web standards
- Good understanding of the WordPress CMS
- Knowledge of task runners and pre-processors
- Awareness of cross browser and device testing is essential
- Good telephone skills, and good verbal and written communication
- Great attention to detail and organisational skills is essential
- Confidence to present and explain ideas to the team
As a Junior Web Developer, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- An open and friendly working environment
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Government Pension scheme (optional)
A degree or similar achievement in a web development related field is necessary. Applicants must hold minimum GCSE’s in English and Maths at grade C or above, or equivalent.
The office hours are Monday – Friday 10.00am – 6.00pm with half an hour (or so) for lunch
If you have a passion for web and all things digital, then we would love to hear from you!
Closing Date: Friday 13th April 2018